Web This Site

Friday, October 05, 2007

Tonight’s TV: Friday Night Lights returns

Friday is quickly becoming one of my favorite nights of TV. You’re probably saying, “Jennifer, it’s Friday! What’s next, are you’re going to start watching Law & Order and CSI?

Before you say you don’t know me anymore, let me explain.

One of my favorite dramas from last season, Friday Night Lights, returns with its season premiere tonight in a new night and time. NBC moved Friday Night Lights to Fridays, which makes sense, right? If you’re actually out at a small-town football game instead of home on a Friday night, then don’t forget to set your DVR or VCR to watch this enchanting drama. Friday Night Lights struggled in the ratings last year, so I’m hoping the rest of the world listened to all my badgering this summer and watched the reruns or the DVDs.

In addition to Friday Night Lights, Friday night boasts several other fun shows, perfect to kick off the weekend: Las Vegas, Moonlight, and returning next Friday, Men in Trees. See? I’m not crazy. That’s a strong TV lineup for any night.

Here’s what looks interesting tonight:

8 p.m. Pushing Daisies ENCORE on ABC, Ghost Whisperer on CBS

9 p.m. Friday Night Lights on NBC, Moonlight on CBS, Private Practice ENCORE on ABC, K-Ville ENCORE on FOX

10 p.m. Las Vegas

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad Pushing Daisies is doing an encore. I missed it first time around, and after reading your review, I want to see it! Thanks for posting this. I'll check it out tonight.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for FNL. I watched the dvds this summer and I can't wait to see what happens.

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for the return of FNL and a new eppy of Vegas. Will you still be doing a Tom Selleck interview? I saw him on Jay Leno the other night and he seems like the biggest teddy bear.

tube talk girl said...

Hey anonymous. Vegas is rocking. I just e-mailed my contact at NBC who had sent me the info on the press conference call with Tom, and she said they still haven't picked a day. I'll let you know as soon as we get to chat. I'm sure I'll be shouting it from the rooftops!

tube talk girl said...

I can't believe I missed him on Jay Leno. This is what happens when you have a DVR, you speed through commercials and never know who's on late night. What did he say?

Copyright 2007 Tube Talk