Web This Site

Friday, October 05, 2007

The Office employees react to the JAM romance

The news is out at The Office. Pam and Jim are dating. Woo Hoo! In Thursday’s episode, the Dunder Mifflin employees found out about the Office romance, courtesy of Toby, and they were as excited as the rest of America.

In a moment of jealously, Toby issued a memo about inappropriate public displays of affection at work. Jim then admitted that he and Pam were an item. The reactions from The Office folks made giggle like a schoolgirl. Here’s what they said:

Angela: “It’s not a surprise to me. Pam is the office mattress.”


Andy: “Jim Halpert’s off the market. Guess who became the best looking single guy in the office?”


Dwight: “I don’t see it. I think they both could do better.”


Kevin: “I knew it!”


Michael: “Whoa. Wow. My mind is exploding…I love you guys so much…. Let the bells of Dunder Mifflin ring out with your love. This is really good. My heart soars with the Eagle’s nest.”

Last night’s episode of The Office was so funny I laughed out loud repeatedly. From Creed coloring his hair to appear younger and hipper, to Michael’s line at seeing Ryan with a beard: “Hello Mr. Sonny Crockett. I’m Tubbs.”

I’m enjoying the special hour-long episodes. It seems there is more time to explore the character relationships. Last night was all about the Office romances: Ryan and Kelly, Michael and Jan, Angela and Dwight, and Pam Beesly and Jim (or PB&J as I’ll now be calling them.)

The thing that continues to annoy me with The Office is Michael’s stupidity. Yes, I get that his character is supposed to be a moron, the idiotic boss we can all relate to having at some point in our lives. But, the man drove a vehicle into a lake because his GPS told him to turn right. No one is that stupid.

There were some other fun moments last night, including the shocking admission that Karen had called and asked Ryan out six months ago. (TV Guide is reporting that my beloved Karen (Rashida Jones) is coming back to the show. Yay! It’s not clear for how long, though.)

Ryan, with his fancy new $200 haircut, is a tool. Power has gone to his head. I loved Pam shooting down his advances, by telling him that she and Jim were dating. And I loved the appearance of General Hospital’s Edward Quartermaine as the founding member “Mr. Dunder” of Dunder Mifflin.

Congrats to PB&J and to The Office for an excellent hour of comedy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved last night's episode. It was better than the season premiere. Ryan is a douchebag. I never liked him, but now he's impossible. I was howling when Kelly pulled the "I'm pregnant" card. Love it!

Loving the PB&J romance. So sweet.

Anonymous said...

Ryan was a real jerk, trying to get Kelly fired. I hope he gets knocked back down to a temp, soon.

Anonymous said...

Jen, I share your love of Creed. He makes me chuckle.

I like Andy, too. He always gets off a few good ones: "Tuna!" "He smells like I think Pierce Brosnan would smell."

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that JAM fans are finally getting a payoff. Love them!

Anonymous said...

"The office mattress" BAHHHAAAAA. LMAO I love Angela.

Copyright 2007 Tube Talk