Web This Site

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Halloween costumes for TV lovers

Planning your Halloween costume just got a whole lot easier. Here at Tube Talk, we’re dedicated to making sure you spread the gospel of the small screen on Halloween with some fun TV-themed costumes.

The funniest costume I’ve seen this year is for Ugly Betty. ABC is hooking you up with Betty’s infamous signature Guadalajara poncho at its Web site. Braces, glasses and stringy-hair are not included in the $39.95 price. All orders this week at the ABC Web site are 10 percent off. (No, I’m not getting a commission, but if ABC would like to help a girl out, I wouldn’t refuse it.)

If Ugly Betty isn’t your taste, then how about going to the party as Dr. McDreamy? You’re sure to at least score a date or some mouth-to-mouth. Grey’s Anatomy doctors’ scrubs and lab coats would make fun costumes.

For the more daring, or should I say desperate, dress as Desperate Housewives’ Gabrielle in her pink and green joy apron. Underneath garments are optional. As you know, Gabrielle didn’t even wear undies on her wedding day.

For the sports fan, NBC is offering a Tim Riggins football jersey that could easily be transformed into a Halloween costume. Just add some eye black and shoulder pads, and you’ll feel like a Dillon panther. Be warned, though, Riggins usually ends up in a fight with someone, so the pads are a necessity.

There are plenty of other TV-centric Halloween costumes online. From a Homer Simpson mask, to an I Love Lucy ensemble, to Saturday Night Live’s Mary Katherine Gallagher, or Geico Cavemen, or Hannah Montana, even the choosiest TV fan can find something to their liking.


So if you want to make a lasting impression, why not go as a TV character. I mean, who could resist someone dressed as Lt. Dangle from Reno 911? Not this TV girl.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Lt. Dangle. I just spit out my Coke. I never would have thought of that costume. Thank you!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ugly Betty is a funny costume. But, wow, that's a little steep for just the poncho. They could have at least included the glasses!

Anonymous said...

I bunch of us thought about going as the Scrubs doctors, but I like the Reno 911 idea, too.

Anonymous said...

I think I'll take the Ugly Betty and dress my man up as Henry i.e. nerdy glasses etc. Yeah, I'll do anything to get Henry by my side. :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome read, Jen. I love those costume ideas. I think I'll dress my man up as Tim Riggins and I'll go as Lyla. Know where I can get a Dylan Panters cheerleading uniform? NBC needs to get on that.

Anonymous said...

Awesome read, Jen. I love those costume ideas. I think I'll dress my man up as Tim Riggins and I'll go as Lyla. Know where I can get a Dylan Panters cheerleading uniform? NBC needs to get on that.

Anonymous said...

I already got my costume. I wish I'd seen the Betty poncho. I'm going to be Cleopatra, but Betty would have been so much cooler.

Anonymous said...

OMG Lt. Dangle? I have no idea what Reno 911 is, but this costume is hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Damn it, Tube Talk Girl. I should be off reading ESPN or Real Football, but I keep ending up at this site. I'm a dude. I'm not supposed to be this obsessed with TV. But I can't help it, your blog always makes me laugh.

Copyright 2007 Tube Talk