Web This Site

Monday, November 12, 2007

TV Blogs Go Dark in Solidarity with the Writers Guild of America


On November 13th, this blog and the blogs listed below will be on strike for the day in solidarity with the Writers Guild of America. As fellow writers and as TV fans, we are coming together to express our strong support for the writers and their goals. We believe that when a writer's work makes money for a company, that writer deserves to be paid.

Many writers depend on residuals for a stable income, and that income shouldn't be based on an outdated formula which ignores the existence of new media and all but a tiny percentage of DVD sales. The talented writers responsible for so much of what we love about television should and must be paid fairly and equitably, and we will stand with them until they reach that goal. For everyone's sake, and for the sake of television, we hope both sides can come to an agreement quickly.

To further that goal, we are calling on our readers to sign this petition and to contact the following television networks, voicing support for the writers and for a return to the negotiating table:

ABC500 South Buena Vista StreetBurbank, CA 91521(818) 460-7777

FOX10201 W. Pico Blvd.Los Angeles, CA 90035(310) 369-1000

CBS7800 Beverly BoulevardLos Angeles, CA 90036(323) 575-2345

NBC / Universal100 Universal City PlazaUniversal City, CA 91608(818) 777-1000

After the blackout, we intend to continue our campaign to support the WGA until the dispute has been resolved fairly. Since we will not be posting any new content on the 13th, we encourage our readers to visit United Hollywood instead for frequent updates about the strike.

In solidarity-

Daemons TV
Ducky Does TV
Gabby Babble
Give Me My Remote
Glowy Box
I am a TV Junkie
Mikey Likes TV
Pass the Remote
The Pie Maker
Ramblings of a TV Whore
Seriously? OMG! WTF?
Silly Pipe Dreams
Tapeworthy
Televisionary
TiFaux
The TV Addict
Tube Talk
Watch with Intelligence

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go Norma Rae!

Anonymous said...

I think this is a nice symbolic gesture and I appreicate that you're giving the addresses of the networks and the petition, so that we can do something, but I don't see this phasing the big guns. Don't get me wrong, I hope it helps.

Anonymous said...

NOOOO!!!! How am I going to get through the day without my Tube Talk fix?

Damn it, Jennifer, I enjoy your blog more than most of these silly shows! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed that so many bloggers are on board with this. I visit you and TV Addict daily. What am I going to do tomorrow? :(

I don't want to read a newspaper. (Gulp!)

Anonymous said...

You go girl! Blogger Power Unite!

Anonymous said...

The blogger blackout is noble, but I don't think it's going to hurt anyone, except us, your readers.

I'll see you on Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

Holy crap, I had no idea there were so many TV blogs. Don't worry Tube Talk Girl, you're still my fave. No one writes like you do. :)

Anonymous said...

This sucks. With everyone dark, where are we gonna get TV news?

Copyright 2007 Tube Talk