Web This Site

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Cameron Mathison eliminated from Dancing With the Stars

It wasn’t kryptonite that did in “Superman” Cameron Mathison on Dancing With the Stars. Apparently it was Marie Osmond’s soaring popularity that kept this week’s lowest scorer from elimination and resulted in Mathison’s exit.

I fully expected Mathison to be in the semi-finals. He had improved each week, and he had just finished an appearance at Super Soap Weekend at Disney World that I thought would have generated him thousands of fan votes.

I didn’t love Cameron’s dances this week; they seemed too choppy and had too many of the same poses he and Edyta have done before. That said, Cam’s hips in the cha-cha-cha were “hip-notizing.” His moves were smooth, but in between cha-chas, he just seemed to stop dancing and go into a hold pose. However, I think he and Edyta would have pulled it together in the end to finally get the 10s he wanted so badly.

I can’t help but take slight issue with some of Cameron’s choreography. (Sorry Edyta!) I’m going to sound a little like Len here, but they always seemed to start their routine ”flitting about” without getting down to the dancing.

Plenty of you are fighting mad that Cam got the boot, if my overflowing e-mail box is any indication. I feel your pain, Tubers. I think it’s time we all come to terms with the fact that despite the judges’ continued pronouncements that this is a dance competition, I disagree. I think it’s become a popularity contest. And if the judges don’t start judging those who don’t dance as well more harshly - I’m talking about scoring them sevens instead of eights - then I don’t see how the best dancers are ever going to win this thing.

If Marie wins it will be a real travesty. Yes, she’s adorable and a fantastic entertainer, but she’s not the best dancer. In fact, she’s the weakest dancer of the group, yet her popularity keeps her in the competition. I sympathize with her, too. She fainted on national TV and lost her father last week. But, honestly, the sympathy vote should not keep her in this competition.

I was rooting for Mathison, so now I’m not sure who to give my Tube Talk endorsement to, perhaps Mel and Maks or Helio and Julianne. Mel and Maks are so hot when they step on the floor that I can’t take my eyes off of them, but Helio and Julianne are the couple I look most forward to watching. They’re so much fun that I usually can’t stop smiling when they dance, and Julianne’s choreography seems to be at a different level than the other pros.

I’m so surprised that Jennie Garth has never been in the bottom two. She’s a good dancer, but seems so nervous that she doesn’t seem to have much fun out there, except on results nights when she seems so relaxed. Her jive was “limp” this week, and even Len said he didn’t think she deserved to be in the semi-finals. I was sure she or Marie would get the boot this week and not my Cam. But, I was wrong. Never underestimate the power of Beverly Hills 90210 fans.

Next week, voters, I’m begging, send Marie home. It’s already a joke that two of the best dancers won’t be in the finals, (Sabrina and Cameron.) Stop the madness!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such bull%^$#! Cam should NOT have left. What are these voters thinking?

Marie Osmond? sigh....

Anonymous said...

I don't know who to vote for either. I think I'll vote for Mel because women don't normally do well, and I love her and Maks.

Anonymous said...

When they announced that Marie was safe I knew that someone I loved would be going home.

I just don't understand. Well wait I do. She got the sympathy vote. Before she came on Monday I said I bet they once again focus on what went wrong with Marie.
I feel bad about her dad, but the gal should NOT be in the semi-finals.

Cameron was robbed and because we won't get to admire his "assets" next week, we were robbed too!

I guess we need to just move on though. But if Mel and Maks gets voted out though thats it I'm done.

ZenDenizen said...

No more man cleavage :`(

Cathy said...

Now wait a minute, if you think that Cameron was one of the best dancer, that's crazy! Sure he is nice to look at, but he wasn't one of the best. Marie deserved to go, but she will be gone next week, then Jenny. The fans will get it right in the finale with Helio and Mel. Helio winning, because I honestly believe he has
come a long way with no dancing experience and truly deserves it just like Apollo and Emmitt did in previous seasons.

Anonymous said...

I dont think Cameron was one of the "best" dancers, but come on between him and Marie, he is def. much better. Plus he and Edyta were good together and he has ALSO improved. This week was kind of rough for him, but Marie's cowgirl dance was terrible. Honestly though if her brother doesnt quit toting about how much his sister is the best she'll actually get through next week too! I am so tired of watching him on tv. Come on Donnie and Marie was so 70's!

Anonymous said...

I'll miss the man cleavage, too. And those arms....those arms...and that butt...no man should look that good in tight pants.

tube talk girl said...

Cathy, I agree that it should be Mel and Helio in the finale. And if the scale we're grading on is to reward the people who have had no dancing experience, then Helio should win. Mel has had plenty of hip-hop experience. But, we can't forget that this is a popularity contest, and I think Maks has quite a following, too.

He's had layout after layout in TV Guide this season. Did you see him throwing the football? He looked good!

Anonymous said...

I am rooting for Julianne and Helio, they are just too cute and julianne is by far one of the best dancers.

I am not sure about Mel, but you know my feelings on Maks TTG, I would love to see him get that Mirror ball!

Anonymous said...

I am with Becky, Maks in tight pants!! WOOHOO. I love to watch his hips.

Anonymous said...

Did you see the news - now Marie has a 16 yr old son admitted to rehab! That will likely be enough to get her more "sympathy votes" next round. She will be in it to the end - wait and see.

Anonymous said...

EVERYWHERE I turn on the tv there are Osmonds...holy cow it's like Osmond mania!!!!

ZenDenizen said...

RE: Maks' hips, his shimmy move in that Samba made life worth living.

Anonymous said...

OK, this is majorly silly . . . the three judges on dancing with the stars . . . out dancing . . . dressed as elves!

It's dumb, but when Bruno tells Len "No lifts" . . .

http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=9513606716

Anonymous said...

OMG that is hilarious!!!!

tube talk girl said...

Yes, Maks in that samba. Un-believable. Wouldn't you kill for just one dance lesson with him?

Thanks to whoever posted the Elf dancers. Too funny!!!!

Copyright 2007 Tube Talk