Web This Site

Monday, November 26, 2007

Strike update: An end in sight?

Monday was the first of three days of resumed scheduled talks between Hollywood writers and producers. Neither side issued a press statement about Monday’s negotiations, but according to one well-respected Hollywood insider, a deal is in place, and the strike could be settled before Christmas.

That was the news on Nikki Finke’s Deadline Hollywood blog Monday.

"I was told not to expect an agreement this week, but my source thought it was possible that the strike could be settled before Christmas," Finke said. "I don't want to raise false hope, but this source has been very accurate in the past."

Sorry, Nikki. My hopes are raised. I’m praying this is true. If not, then this “well-respected” insider is about to lose a lot of credibility, and I’ll be popping Zoloft to get me through the TV drought.

2 comments:

Red said...

Give the writers some money, the actors are certainly making enough..

Anonymous said...

Here, here, Red. It's ridiculous.

Copyright 2007 Tube Talk