Web This Site

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Jane Seymour eliminated from Dancing With the Stars

Dr. Quinn won’t win. She and partner Tony Dovolani failed to get the votes to keep them dancing on Dancing With the Stars.

Well done, voters! After last week’s unforgivable sendoff of Sabrina Bryan, this time you got it right.

Seymour was the worst dancer this week. As incredible as she looks, I’m sorry to say that all her dances seem alike. In a word, boring. I didn’t think anyone could make the cha-cha-cha dull, but somehow she and Tony managed to do so. Seymour needed to work on her hip movements. She didn’t have any. Perhaps Helio Castroneves or Cameron Mathison could have given her some tips. Those boys know how to gyrate.

For the second time in the history of Dancing With the Stars, a contestant was absent from the results show. This time, it was Marie Osmond, who had to fly home suddenly when her father passed away. (Seymour was absent last week due to a case of food poisoning. Her mother had passed away after the results show a few weeks ago.) It’s been one tragedy after another this season, and I’m hoping the remainder of the show will be drama free.

This week, the couples had to perform two dances, and it showed. Most of the couples perfected one of the dances, but not both. The best dance Monday night was Mel B and Maks’ Paso Doble to “Free Your Mind.” Judge Len Goodman called it “the dance of the season.” I agree. Backstage after the dance, Maks and Mel showed their cheetah paw tattoos, in support of Sabrina’s sendoff. Maks also commented to TV Guide how upset he was that Sabrina was sent packing. Everyone thought she’d be in the finals, including him.

Jennie and Derek were robbed on their sexy rumba. Only judge Bruno gave them a 10. The other judges gave them nines. Cameron and Edyta’s jive was high-energy and a real crowd pleaser, but still only earned them nines. Helio and Julianne’s samba was sexy and redeemed them with the judges, after a tango that Len took to task for lack of technique on Helio’s part.

Next week, Marie should be the one to go. (Hint, hint, voters.) But after that, it’s anyone’s game.

For me, there has never been a season like this. I don’t have a favorite. I love Cameron’s dedication and sexiness; Helio and Julianne are a fun delight; Jennie and Derek are classy; And Mel and Maks are hot.

If I had to choose, I’d say it will be Mel and Cameron in the finals. Mel is the best dancer at this point, but that could easily change as Cameron improves drastically each week. If Helio and Julianne go, I’ll be sad, though. I don’t think there has ever been a cuter, more fun-loving couple.

On a side note, what has happened to Maks this season? He seems like he’s having so much fun? He’s usually a bit cantankerous and even rude to his partner. This year, he’s all smiles. Even Len commented during the DanceCenter segment that he was shocked that Mel and Maks were getting along so well.

Also, can anyone tell me what Ken Howard is doing in the audience? Is he considering signing up for next season? I was shocked to see Kate Linder from The Young and the Restless there and former Dancing With the Stars contestant John Ratzenberger in the audience, too.

Finally, I feel for all of you viewers here in the Pittsburgh/West Virginia viewing area, who didn’t get to see Monday’s show due to the Pittsburgh Steelers coverage on ABC. If you check out the ABC Web site, you can see some of Monday’s highlights.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was about time that Jane went. She was ok but just not up to par.

I feel bad for Marie, I just hope that next week she doesn't get the sympathy vote...again.

I am so torn about who I want in the finals, I love Jenny, Helio, Mel, and Cameron!!!!

Other than that I can't say too much because I didnt get to watch the show :( At least the Steelers kicked butt!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU AMERICA!!! NOW MARIE MUST GO!!!!!

Anonymous said...

TTG, I can't wait for your post on Nip/Tuck.
The photo shoot was hilarious!

Anonymous said...

I love Helio and Julianne. He's never danced before and I think they are just too cute.

TTG, I think you're right though that it will be Mel B and Cam in the finals.

tube talk girl said...

Becky, I so hope Marie doesn't get the sympathy vote. She is a great entertainer, but she doesn't have the moves the others do.

I'll post my Nip/Tuck thoughts in my week in review wrap at the end of the week. Stay tuned. I laughed out loud for like five minutes during the photo shoot.

Anonymous said...

Jennie was so robbed. You're right! That rumba was hot. Len and Carrie Ann are nuts...

Copyright 2007 Tube Talk