Web This Site

Monday, April 21, 2008

OMG! Barney and Robin share a kiss on ‘Mother’

Monday’s How I Met Your Mother was so full of yummy goodness that I had to take time to gush.

Yes, there was the much talked-about Robin Sparkles video and guest stars James Van Der Beek and Tiffany (more on that later.) But the crowning moment of brilliance was one I’ve been waiting for since the first season: Robin and Barney shared a kiss!

Can I get a Woo HOO?

Kudos CBS for keeping such a giant plot point quiet. The Web has been all abuzz for weeks about Van Der Beek, the Robin Sparkles video, and guest stars Tiffany and Alan Thicke. No one was expecting the show to end with such a shocking turn of direction.

I’ve been begging for a Robin/Barney hook up for since season one. They have off-the-charts chemistry. (I never liked Robin with Ted.) My optimistic theory has been that Robin and Barney ultimately end up together, hence the constant “Aunt Robin and Uncle Barney” in the flash-forward narration. So, thank you, HIMYM folks for giving us a special treat. I can’t wait to see the fallout.

As for the rest of the episode, it was brilliant, as well. Van Der Beek nailed his role as an ‘80s pop star, complete with teased hair, combat boots, and a leather jacket. The Robin Sparkles video was perfectly cheesy, complete with Tiffany and Alan Thicke guest starring. To watch the video, visit CBS.com.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so estatic when I saw them making out. I love their chemistry. Her not wanting committment and his...well Barney-ness.. perfect match.

Isabel said...

And can I just say that NPH plays a very good straight man. It was super hott to see Robin and Barney kiss. I LOVED IT.

Anonymous said...

eeek! i screamed so loud when it happened! i was jumping up and down clapping and squeeling, "i knew it! i knew it!" they r gonna be so good together. two characters who have a fear of commitment and marrige. it's perfect!i can't wait till next week! (runs off to go find cute youtube vids of them)

tube talk girl said...

Yay! I loved it, too, guys. I hope they pick up next week where they left off.

Gone said...

Cobie Smulders is so beautiful, her name should be Cobie... wait for it...

Smolders.

tube talk girl said...

Good one, P! Thanks for the laugh.

Copyright 2007 Tube Talk