Web This Site

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Lex Luthor goes to the dark side: sneak peek at the new Smallville

Photo property of the CW. Do not copy.


For years, we’ve watched Lex Luthor, on Smallville, blur the lines of right and wrong, but this Thursday, Lex crosses so far to the dark side, there’s no coming back.

If you’re avoiding spoilers, stop reading now. Really. I’m not kidding.

For the rest of you, someone dies in this episode. And from what I’ve heard, the person is actually going to stay dead. (Not like Lana dead, or Chloe dead from past seasons.) My money is on Lionel, and I’m betting that Lex is the murderer.

For years in this column, I’ve been bragging about the under appreciated talent of Michael Rosenbaum’s performance of Lex Luthor. (I’m still steamed the guy has never been nominated for an Emmy.) On Thursday, from the clips I’ve seen, Rosenbaum will give one of his best performances to date, and it should not be missed.

Also, I know I have more Chloe fans that read this blog than any other character, so I’ve included a clip here for you, too. Find out what shocking event happens to our favorite reporter, courtesy of Lex Luthor. If you haven’t had enough reason to get your hate on for Lex this year, this may send you over the edge. (Frankly, he became dead to me when he had poor Pete Ross’ arms practically broken.)

Check out the clips below, courtesy of the CW, or click here and here to view them at You Tube.

Don’t miss an all-new Smallville Thursday at 8 p.m. on the CW.





11 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Jennifer, thank you so much for sharing this with us. I love Lex, too, and I hate to see him go full-on bad. But he lost me when he killed his brother/clone a few episodes back. I can't wait for this episode.

Anonymous said...

Is it Thursday yet? I'm so excited for this episode.

I agree that it's probably Lionel that dies. I wish it were Lana, but she never stays dead.

Anonymous said...

I think Lex has been full on bad for a while now. Breaking Pete's arms was just the latest in a long line of dark deeds.

Anonymous said...

If you remember, Lionel killed his parents, so I think it's karma that Lex will kill him.

If that happens though i'll miss Lionel. He's been the big bad for so long.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he did that to Chloe. That bastard! It's her dream job.

Anonymous said...

You can't keep Chloe down. She'll be fine.

Anonymous said...

I'd forgotten the show was coming back. THANK YOU for reminding me. If I'd missed this episode I'm be really ticked.

Anonymous said...

I think everyone has assumed it will be Lionel who dies. I don't understand why they keep killing or getting rid of the older stars: Martha, Papa Kent, and now probably Lionel. I've loved all of them and it's a shame they couldn't last until the end of the series.

Anonymous said...

this episode is going to be HUGE! Thanks for posting the clips Jen. I can't wait to watch it tomorrow. It should be an amazing ep for Lex, Clark and Chloe.

wwg said...

I watched the eppy yesterday. I must say that MR was truly amazing in "Descent". I loved his scenes with Lionel, Clark, and Chloe. Now that is Lex Luthor! :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the dark side, Lex!

Copyright 2007 Tube Talk