Web This Site

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Teri Hatcher sings on American Idol with Band From TV

Last night on Idol Gives Back, TV star Teri Hatcher took to the mic to show off her vocal skills. Hatcher performed with one of the coolest bands ever, Band From TV. (And yes, I’m saying that because they’re all TV stars that I love, and they donate their performance proceeds to charity.)

Those of you unfamiliar with Band From TV, you’re in for a treat. Greg Grunberg, who I’ve adored since Felicity, rocks out on drums. Jesse Spencer, of House, gets down with his bad self on violin. James Denton, of Desperate Housewives, plays a mean guitar. And Bonnie Sommerville (Boston Legal) and Bob Guiney (The Bachelor) do back-up vocals. Usually, House star Hugh Laurie plays in the band, but he wasn’t on stage for Hatcher’s performance.

Folks across the ‘net this morning have been harsh on Hatcher for her foray into country music last night. But, I think she did a decent job. She’s got a nice voice. Plus, Tubers, keep in mind, she’s singing a Carrie Underwood song, which is equivalent to the vocal talents of country legend Martina McBride. In other words, no one can sing a Carrie Underwood song and sound as good as Carrie Underwood. The girl has vocal chords from Heaven.

Here’s the video. Frankly, I enjoyed it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's definitely no Carrie, but who is? I thought she did OK. It takes guts to even try to sing that song and risk being mocked by the masses.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I had no idea about the Band from TV. Thanks, Jennifer for sharing. I love all of those guys and like you fell for Greg when he played Sean on Felicity. And the House boys have a special place in my heart, too. I'll definitely check out their future gigs.

Copyright 2007 Tube Talk