Web This Site

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Idol Chatter: Good-bye Kristy Lee

by Becky Tennant and Bethany O'Neil

Finally, we got the chance to send Kristy Lee on her merry way. We were kind of worried there for a minute that Brooke might have been sent packing before her young roommate, but alas the voting public finally got one right.

Now please understand; it isn't that we didn't think Kristy was a bad singer. Granted, she was not as good as some of the other contestants, but she was decent vocally, and she wasn't hurting in the looks department. It was more her attitude that we couldn't tolerate. She just rubbed us the wrong way. She could never take constructive criticism, and she always had a smart remark for Simon. Regardless, her days in the running to be the next American Idol are finished. Now, hopefully, she can get her horse back and quit complaining.

Props to Elliot Yamin for performing such a nice song, especially since his mother passed away just a few days ago.

We will be back next week for more Idol Chatter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now if we could only get America to wise up about David Archuleta. Every time he starts to sing one of his patented funeral dirges I want to thro my shoe through the TV screen. The kid needs to be singing in a Disney World show, not trying to become a recording artist. Seriously, who's the market for a David Archuleta album? Probably the same people who buy all of those "Chicken Soup for the Soul" books.

My passion for seeing David Archuleta booted off of the show burns with the fire of a thousand suns.

Anonymous said...

Your passion is my passion Tim. But I have this vague feeling that he will be in the finale.

I just cannot see him making a mainstream music album and it selling. David Cook could record something right now and it would be in the top 10 in no time. I have been a 12-15 year old girl once (many moons ago) and I just don't see the appeal that Archuletta has. Maybe we are missing something.

Though in a way I am glad I am missing it, whatever it may be.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I like Chicken Soup for the Soul! But not David.

Copyright 2007 Tube Talk