Web This Site

Monday, April 28, 2008

Cybill Shepherd returns to television

Cybill Shepherd is returning to her TV roots. She’s joining the detective show Psych on the USA network and NBC.

Shepherd has been cast as a free-spirit psychologist and the mother of Shawn Spencer. She’s also playing the ex-wife of Corbin Bernsen’s character, Henry. I'm betting Bernsen and Shepherd will have romantic/bantering sparks reminscent of Moonlighting.

In the season finale of Psych, Shawn’s mom showed up at his doorstep, but the audience didn’t get to see her face. Since then, I’ve been pondering whom I’d like to see in the part.

Shepherd is better choice than I imagined. She shares James Roday’s quirkiness and flamboyance for life that make his character so much fun.

Psych returns with new episodes on USA on July 18. Set your DVR.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great casting on a great show!

tube talk girl said...

Tim? Where have you been? :)

I'm excited to see her, too!

tube talk girl said...

Oh, and I get some points for finally giving you some female eye candy, don't I?

Anonymous said...

Do you think she'll show up with a pineapple?

Anonymous said...

That would be funny! I love that pineapple bit they do.

Anonymous said...

Where have I been? I've been lurking, reading but not commenting much. A thousand pardons. To be fair, as you may be able to tell from the recent picture, I've been spending alot of time brushing my hair.

No points for eye candy. That only applies to hot women who aren't eligible for Social Security.

Anonymous said...

Ouch, Tim. LOL Social security? Harsh.

Anonymous said...

I think it's refreshing to see a woman who clearly hasn't had plastic surgery. There's nothing worse than those women with such tight faces they can barely smile.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see her bantering with Shawn and his dad. Bring it.

Anonymous said...

LOL...hey, she's sexy, there's no doubt. Her age just prevents TTG from receiving Eye Candy Points.

Now, an extra large pic of Blake Lively...that's a different story.

Anonymous said...

True dat on the plastic surgey, by the way. I appreciate someone like Cybill Shepherd who has aged gracefully. Even if she's had some minor plastic surgery, it's been well-done. There is nothing more unattractive than an aging starlet who has so much plastic surgery she looks like a science fiction monster.

The same principle applies to men, too. Actually it may be worse for men. Kenny Rogers looks like a wax sculpture. And Smokey Robinson looks perpetually surprised.

tube talk girl said...

OK, so I don't get eye candy points for Cybil, but I've posted a yummy Kate Walsh photo that should earn me something!

Kenny Rogers is just painful to watch, as is Priscilla Presley.

LOL at your Bee Gees photo. You would have gotten eye candy points for that, if it were 1978. :) As it stands, not so much.

Copyright 2007 Tube Talk