Web This Site

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Tom Selleck returns to TV as Jesse Stone

I know many of you don’t understand my love for all things Magnum, P.I. um, Tom Selleck. (Yeah, yeah, I know he’s an actual actor who just played a part.) Anyway, my devotion continues to this day, whether he’s singing on Boston Legal as Shirley’s ex-husband or battling the booze in the Jesse Stone made-for-TV movies.

The latest TV installment of the popular Jesse Stone series is scheduled to air May 20 on CBS, according to TV Guide. Jesse Stone: Sea Change finds Stone a year sober and “tentatively reunited with his ex-wife, Jenn,” according to Publishers Weekly.

Selleck has starred in three previous Jesse Stone films, which follow the life of the former Los Angeles cop who seeks justice, while battling his own demons.

Those of you who still don’t get my Selleck fixation, I challenge you to watch an episode of Magnum P.I., now in syndication, and not end up loving the mustache man. Magnum P.I. airs on WGN, out of Chicago, at 10 a.m. weekdays and on Sleuth at 7 p.m. and 1 a.m.

As for the highly anticipated Magnum movie for the big screen, I know nothing. Last year, rumors were rampant that Matthew McConaughey was set to step into the trademark Hawaiian shirt and Detroit Tigers cap for the title role, but I’ve found nothing to confirm that. Frankly, if Hollywood assassinates the Magnum story the way it did Miami Vice, Starsky and Hutch and Charlie’s Angels, I’d rather they just leave it alone.

Selleck fans, meanwhile, can get their fix through Jesse Stone and the syndicated reruns of the beloved Magnum P.I.

0 comments:

Copyright 2007 Tube Talk