Web This Site

Thursday, April 26, 2007

FOX parks Drive

I hope you didn’t get too attached to FOX’s new show Drive, starring Nathan Fillion. The network has cancelled the show, according to TV Guide’s Michael Ausiello.

Drive, or as my friend Tim calls it “Lost on wheels” didn’t score the ratings FOX had hoped.


I’m a little surprised. I didn’t like the show, but I thought it would have mass appeal for audiences who love car chases and action shows of that nature.

I feel bad for show creator Tim Minear. The guy just can’t seem to get a winner. (R.I.P. Firefly and Wonderfalls.)

And I feel bad for the fans that invested in another show, just to have it yanked before their very eyes. But alas, that’s the world of television these days, folks.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish a show would come out and stay out, i suppose i am remembering the days of "Family Ties" and "The Cosby Show" and "Friends." It seems like nothing good never lasts anymore...i know there isnt anything good on tonight!

tube talk girl said...

"Nothing good on tonight"...Oh, Bec, this pains me. Thursday is the absolute BEST night for television. Let me introduce you to a couple shows I call The Office and Scrubs for comedy. For dramedy, Grey's Anatomy and Ugly Betty rule. And then there's the sci-fi drama Smallville. I can see I need an intervention. :)

tube talk girl said...

You should try Ugly Betty and The Office. They're both a lot of fun and I think you might enjoy them.

Anonymous said...

Jen, you know me though i have to go to bed at like 9, is there anything on 8ish?

tube talk girl said...

Bec, check out the clip below of The Office to see if its your kind of show.

tube talk girl said...

Hmmm...My Name is Earl is pretty funny. Girl, we so have to get you a DVR.

Sean Dustman said...

What a sad sad day, I was looking forward to watching Drive followed by Heroes, sigh!

Anonymous said...

My wife just got me into Ugly Betty. It's at times hysterical, and very entertaining. I highly suggest it. Then set the TiVo for a little show I like to call October Road (actually, the producers called it that...so it only makes sense that I do, too)

tube talk girl said...

Sorry Sean! A lot of Drive fans are bumming this week.

tube talk girl said...

Tim, I got my October Road DVDs yesterday. I promise to check them out this weekend.

Copyright 2007 Tube Talk