Web This Site

Thursday, April 19, 2007

American Idol: Good-Bya Sanjaya!

by Becky and Bethany

GASP…..A shocking night on American Idol! Well folks, last night was the big Elimination Night on Idol, and it actually happened; we said good-bya to Sanjaya.

Really, we swear we aren’t joking. America finally got it right.

The really sad part was that he actually looked surprised, devastated, shocked, horrified, annihilated, ravaged, etc. It pulled at our heart strings a wee little bit to see him break down and sob uncontrollably into the bear hug he received from Lakisha, whom we might also add was in the bottom two. But we got over it. Quickly.

Now we’re down to six finalists, and in the next month we’ll learn who will be crowned champion of season six on American Idol. Our predictions for Top Three are Jordin Sparks, Melinda Doolittle, and Blake Lewis. But you never know whom the American public will vote for.

Next week is “Idol Gives Back,” and we aren’t sure if there will even be an elimination night. If there is, we will be sure to fill you in on all the details.

We would like to end this by sending a message out to all the 12-year-old girls out there broken-hearted today because Sanjaya is gone: “Don’t worry little girls; he still gets to do the tour.”

By the way, why was Fergie singing on country night? Strange.

Until next time…

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny girls! TG he finally got the boot!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that we don't have to endure Sanjaya anymore. I know that there are probably people out there that are sad but I am sorry, i can't be happier that he is gone.

Anonymous said...

So...who's next? My guess is either Chris or Lakisha.

Chris is starting to wear a little thin, I think. The only thing that saved him this week was the obligatory Simon backlash. It's no secret that the person Simon gets on the most tends to do well in the voting.

And what happened to Lakisha? Is it just me, or has she gone in the tank the last few weeks? She had no heart this week. Another week like that and it could be curtains for her.

Unfortuantely (for me), Jack Skelington (Phil, for those who can't figure it out) seems to have pulled his fat out of the fire. We'll see how he does this week.

PS...I had no idea Melinda was so "top heavy" until this week. My wife will attest, I was quite stunned.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Tim about LaKisha, I kind of feel like she knows she is good and doesnt have to "try" as hard as the other contestants. That is a theory that will probably bite her in the backside though, I think that Chris will be a front runner for elimination next time.

If Phil (and I like to compare him to Smiegal from Lord of the Rings)can pull out another good performance he may last another week or so.


But that is just my opinion.

Anonymous said...

I am not sure if everyone knows this but its interesting that Howard Stern wants a recount. He probably had all his ignorant friends voting for Sanjaya. He just wants to mess up AI.
I agree with the final 3. Chris is annoying to me and Lakisha's heart is not in it. She blew me away in the beginning. Phil gets better each week. I still think Blake needs to kick it up a notch. He is good but Jordan and Melinda blow him out of the water. I think Jordan is the whole package.She glows.

Copyright 2007 Tube Talk