Web This Site

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Lost spoilers: death becomes them

Lost fans, it’s time to load up on your Prozac.

TV Guide is reporting that five cast members will die before the end of the season.

On a normal show, this would be catastrophic, but it’s Lost, where even a death sentence doesn’t mean your voted off the island forever. There is no word yet on who’s destined for the dirt nap, but I think I speak for all of us when I say, “Sawyer, please watch your back.”

With all the deaths we’ve seen during the last two seasons of Lost, I think they should have named this show Six Feet Under instead.

ABC has released its official description for the May 2 episode, and it looks like John Locke is back to his trouble-stirring ways. “Locke breaks away from “The Others” in an attempt to persuade Sawyer to help rid them of a great nemesis that has caused nothing but pain in both of their lives.”

I’m guessing that “nemesis” is John’s father, the real “Sawyer.” Or it could be Dr. Jack, in which case I think I speak for all of us when I say, “Jack, please watch your back.”

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Usually, in these cases, I can think of one or two characters on a show that I wouldn't care to see die. Not this time, though. I can honestly say that there isn't one character on Lost that I don't find interesting.

So, which five do you think will be pushing up daisies, Tube Talk Girl? I'd like to hear your professional opinion.

Anonymous said...

Bueller?...Bueller?

tube talk girl said...

In my expert opinion, there are only two who seem logical death contestants and that I wouldn't mind seeing take the "sand" nap:

1. Ben - HATE him!
2. The real Sawyer - b/w Locke and James, he's got no chance of getting out alive.

As for the five who I think will die, I'm predicting the aforementioned two plus:

3. Charlie - Sorry, but Mr. "Hey All Everybody" has had a target on his back all season.
4. Parachute girl - She's a newbie. They never last long. R.I.P. Eko, Libby, Ana Lucia, Paolo and Nikki.
5. ??? This one is a toss up. The long shot is Locke. I wouldn't be too shocked if it were him. He hasn't seemed really connected to the rest of the Losties this season. Or, it could be eyepatch Other guy, who died previously, but came back to life this week.

I'm like you, Tim. This cast is huge, but they all seem integral to the story. I can't imagine not having Locke, or Sun, or Jin, or Hurley, or Sawyer or any of them. Of course, after this week's revelation, perhaps they're all dead already and just hanging out in Purgatory, and the joke is on us.

Anonymous said...

The funny part about that last line is that my wife and I had that conversation two years ago. I suggested that maybe this was Purgatory or Limbo.

I must admit, I love this show...but it gets so frustrating sometimes. The plots go in circles and some storylines just seem to get dropped. I mean, I thought it was going to be a big deal that Libby was in the nut house with Hurly, then boom...she's gone, along with that story line. And what the hell ever happened to Walt and Michael?

My five to reap it...Locke's dad, the parachute girl, Charlie, Desmond and Juliete.

Anonymous said...

My guess-
Juliet(can't stand her)
Desmond
Charlie(I'll kinda miss him)
Ben
Naomi

Copyright 2007 Tube Talk