Web This Site

Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Grey’s Anatomy spinoff gets a name and a premiere date

Photo: ABC

The Grey’s Anatomy spinoff featuring Kate Walsh has a name, according to Buddy TV.

Private Practice is the moniker the network chose for the Addison-centered drama, the Web site reported Thursday. ABC released the name of the spinoff during a media-buyers event but cautioned that the name may change.

Let’s hope that’s true. The title seems a little, um, ordinary for my beloved Addison.

“The spinoff is being touted for its stand-alone premise that will take Walsh's character out of the realm of nightmarish medical emergencies and incorporated hospital trysts into a setting they think less hardcore medical drama fans will appreciate," according to Buddy TV.

Hmm…less gore and bed hopping. OK. I’m not sure why ABC would abandon the magical formula that lands them about 20 million viewers weekly, but hey, I don’t run the network.

I trust show-creator Shonda Rhimes. If she sent Addison to Mars to practice medicine, I’d watch.

The two-hour episode of the new series will debut May 10, according to Buddy TV.

The new series has an impressive cast that includes Tim Daly, Taye Diggs, Amy Brenneman, Paul Adelstein, Merrin Dungey and Chris Lowell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Private Practice? UGHH!! I like Montgomery's Ward better than that.

Lea said...

Do you ever listen to Shonda's podcast? You need to if you don't. It makes me feel like Shonda, Betsy and I are BFF and that they're letting me in on the inside scoop. I love it!

Copyright 2007 Tube Talk