Web This Site

Monday, March 24, 2008

Buffy the Vampire Slayer reunion

For those of you who couldn’t score a ticket to the highly anticipated Buffy the Vampire Slayer reunion at the Paley television festival in Los Angeles last week, I’ve got you covered.

No, I couldn’t attend either, but I have a few blogger friends and fellow TV critics that did.

The first big news was that despite being on the attendee list, Alyson Hannigan and Eliza Dushku didn’t make it. Sorry, Willow and Faith fans.

The other big news is that despite not being on the attendee list, David Boreanaz didn’t do his much-talked-about taped video for the panel. Did Angel lose his soul again? That’s the only reason I can think of that explains why Boreanaz wouldn’t take a few minutes to tape a message to say hi to the millions of fans and his former cast mates that helped jumpstart his career. Yes, I’m a little bitter.

For those of you who want to see some of the Buffy panel, check out the Paley Web site, that features video highlights of the event. It’s good stuff.

Why the Paley folks didn’t do a live streaming video of this event is bewildering. Instead, they chose to do that for the Gossip Girl panel. Huh?

From all my discussions with those “in the know,” the Buffy event was the most popular panel in recent years and sold out faster than Spike could transform into his fang face. But, instead, they chose Gossip Girl to stream live. Yes, that makes sense. I’m still on the bitter pill.

Meanwhile, for those of you who want to live vicariously, here’s a roundup of some of the most detailed recaps of the Buffy reunion from fellow TV critics and bloggers. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for compiling those links. I've enjoyed it. Wish I could have gone, but it feels like I was already there.

Anonymous said...

I was there and it was a great evening, with the exception of "Zander's" behavior.

I really wish they'd do a movie and get everyone back together again.

Loved James. He's so cool.

Copyright 2007 Tube Talk