Web This Site

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Veronica Mars shockers and season finale spoilers

All photos courtesy UPN/Warner Bros. and are from the upcoming season finale

Tuesday’s episode of Veronica Mars should have come with a warning, like those rides at the amusement park. “Do not watch if you have a heart condition.” Because frankly Tubers, I think my ticker skipped a few beats. My beloved Wallace took a bullet to the chest before the opening credits even rolled, to save his girl and his classmates from the nutty, gun-toting janitor. OK, so the gun had blanks in it, but I didn’t know it. Neither did the guy who shot crazy-janitor guy dead.

That started this fantastic episode and it only picked up from there. It was full of so many brilliant lines and plots, I’m convinced that show honcho Rob Thomas is not of this species. How else can one explain his ability to craft so many fascinating stories into a single hour? Beav, Mac and Weevil’s study session was hilarious. The trial of Aaron Echolls was a nail-biter, ending in a disappointing “not guilty” verdict. And if things weren’t bad enough, Keith found out in open court that Veronica has an STD. (Seriously, I’d love to know how that got out. After five years as a news reporter, I can tell you that doctors/hospitals will barely share a patient condition of “good, fair or stable” due to the patient rights’ confidentiality laws.) Oh, then there’s the fact that Woody is a child-molesting pervert who is on the run, Duncan may be returning (according to the previews,) Wallace got dumped and Weevil may go down for Thumper’s murder. Whew! Now that’s a lot of plot points.

I’m not sure how the finale can get better than the last few episodes, but according to Veronica herself, Kristen Bell, it does. Bell spoke to TV Guide earlier this week and said the finale is unlike anything ever seen on television. Here’s the teaser. If you don’t want to be spoiled, stop reading now:

TVGuide.com: How best can you tease Mars' season finale?
Bell: [Pushes up right sleeve of shirt to show faded bruise] I had the most ginormous bruise you've ever seen in your life — it was the size of your tape recorder — on my arm. It looked so vile and it had this big bump in the center that I got from doing a finale stunt. People were staring at it all week. I think that what is done in the final episode hasn't been done on television before. Not in the way of stunts or anything, but the theory behind it, if you really think about it, hasn't been done. I think that's because [series creator] Rob Thomas challenges himself. They tried really hard to make it as good as Season 1, and I really think it is. As usual, a couple of people are offed — there will be some deaths. [Laughs]


Like I said, maybe this show should come with a warning label! Did anyone else get the feeling that Aaron may actually be the one responsible for the bus crash? No? OK, I guess that would be too easy. Or would it? Here’s the official description of next week’s episode from UPN.

"Not Pictured" -- After learning the identity of the perpetrator responsible for the bus crash, Veronica hurries to warn others, but ends up putting herself in an extremely perilous situation, on the season finale of VERONICA MARS, Tuesday,May 9 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on UPN. Meanwhile, Keith enlists Veronica's help in his ongoing investigation of Woody (guest star Steve Guttenberg) and asks her go undercover to get some vital information from Woody's lawyer. Later, when graduation day finally comes around, Neptune seniors celebrate at a huge party at the Neptune Grand. John Kretchmer directed the episode from a script written by series' creator and Executive Producer Rob Thomas, and John Enbom.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading that makes me even more anxious for next Tuesday...I can hardly stand it!

tube talk girl said...

I know. I can't wait either. Each week just gets better and better. Do you think I'm totally off on my Aaron theory and the real culprit is Woody?

Anonymous said...

I dunno, I was thinking the same about Aaron,he's definitely capable! Oh and by the way,you're on the WWK boards,right? I'm gilmoregirl19.

tube talk girl said...

Yep. I'm tubetalkgirl. Original, yes?LOL I'll look for you gilmoregirl9.

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Copyright 2007 Tube Talk