Web This Site

Friday, January 25, 2008

Commentary with a Co-ed: Moonlight finale

by Ashley Gouveia

Forgive me, while I shed some tears. Last Friday night looked like it was the last episode of Moonlight for the foreseeable future. It’s incredibly sad that just when it got even more exciting, it has to take a hiatus. But in this mid-strike world, I’ve learned to deal with it. So, in the meantime, let me dispense my thoughts on the season finale.

It was great hearing “Your Guardian Angel” by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus when Beth was thinking about how Josh was killed. Such an amazing song! Kudos to the person who selects the music. They have picked some great ones that fit the scenes perfectly, especially in this episode. Poor Josh, he never really had a chance. He was always going to be the odd man out in that triangle. I’m glad to see his character wasn’t forgotten after just one week. Or that he wasn’t a cheating loser like Beth suspected.

We got to see where Coraline ran off to when she disappeared from the hospital and who helped her escape. Who did she call? Andy McPhee! (Cue remix of Ghostbusters theme with Paula Cole’s “I Don’t Want to Wait.”) She played Cynthia, Coraline’s mysterious vampy friend. Speaking of mysterious new faces, Coraline’s people kept popping up all over the place in this episode. One-eyed Lance turned out not only to be a blood relative of Louis XIV, but her brother! Yeah, didn’t see either one of those coming.

I liked how we got to see more of Coraline’s past. Now we have to see more of Mick’s, before he joined the Beach Boys cover band. I know he wanted the cure for vampirism, but I wasn’t expecting him to jump right in like he did. He hates being a vampire, but I wonder if he’s going to enjoy not being capable to protect those close to him. Any guesses on who the “him” is that Coraline was carted off to see?

David Blue, aka Cliff on Ugly Betty, made another guest appearance as the vamp with the techno skills. I hope that character sticks around for the next batch of episodes. His comedy with Mick is really refreshing. Where’s Josef? I need more Jason Dohring on my screen. One of my favorite episodes was the one where we got to see Josef’s girlfriend who’s in the coma. I’d love to see that storyline explored further.

What happens next with Mick and Beth? That is the question that left us hanging in the final moments. I can’t wait for the show to return! What did you all think of last Friday’s episode? Was there anything you wished had happened but didn’t? Let me know in the comments. For now, goodnight Moonlight.

Commentary with a Co-Ed is a weekly column at Tube Talk new every Friday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for making the Ugly Betty Cliff connection. I knew I knew him, but I couldn't remember where!

tube talk girl said...

Good one Ashley about Andy McPhee. I was shocked to see her turn up as Coraline's friend. Now, if Pacey could just turn up as an old vamp, that would be even better.

Anonymous said...

kara, no problem;) I love David Blue in Moonlight and Ugly Betty.

thanks Jen:) Could you imagine if Pacey came on? That would be amazing! Once he does on Grey's he should definitely do a guest appearance.

-M said...

I was having SO much nostalgia over McPhee! And there was so much incest on this show:

http://tivoqueen.blogspot.com/2008/01/six-degrees-of-awesomeness.html

Anonymous said...

HEY TO ALL OF YOU MOONLIGHT PEOPLE OUT THERE NEW SEASON STARTS APRIL 11, 2008 YEAH...... FINALLY.

Anonymous said...

The date has been changed to April 25th for new Moonlight episodes. We are getting 4 more!! Thank goodness!

Copyright 2007 Tube Talk