Web This Site

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Tom Selleck heads to Boston Legal

February 21, 2006

It’s true. Magnum P.I., er, Tom Selleck returned to the small screen Tuesday night.

Can I get a Woo Hoo up in here? I haven’t been this excited since, the Happy Days Reunion special. Selleck played Ivan Tiggs, the philandering ex-husband of Murphy Brown, er, Shirley Schmidt (Candace Bergen.)

For those of you who don’t remember the ‘80s and are unfamiliar with the coolness that was Magnum - (And you call yourself a TV fan. I can’t really believe you don’t know Magnum, but, whatever.) - you’ll probably recognize Selleck as Monica’s sexy, older boyfriend, Richard, on Friends. For the rest of you, I think I speak for all of when I say, “Dude, what happened to the red Ferrari?”

Candace Bergen and Tom Selleck are two of my all-time favorite television actors, and their scenes didn’t disappoint. I’m not usually a fan of stunt casting of guest stars, (Will and Grace, I’m talking to you) but in this case, it worked well.

If you missed last night’s episode, don’t despair. According to TV Guide’s supreme scoop master Michael Ausiello, Selleck will reprise his role for “at least one more episode.”

You can read Ausiello’s news here, as well as information about a possible third season for the superb Boston Legal: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Ausiello/AskAusiello


Tube talk girl can be reached by e-mail at jennifer@tube-talk.com

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is another guy from Morgantown WV with a red car that is hotter than Magnum. In fact his car was a Chevette diesel!

Copyright 2007 Tube Talk