Web This Site

Friday, August 07, 2009

Commentary with a Co-Ed: Big Brother thoughts

by Ashley Gouveia

Ding dong! The rat is gone!

Yes, I am talking about Big Brother. It is still my summer guilty pleasure, as all you long time Tubers might remember. Each summer I get hooked on this show for no other reason other than it’s just mindless entertainment, as is much of reality television.

All the BB fans out there know that Thursday nights are eviction nights. One houseguest gets the boot out the door but not without some drama. Ronnie, the video-game geek, was up for nomination, along with Lydia, the tattooed, offbeat makeup artist. I was so glad that Ronnie was finally put up on the chopping block. Out of all the seasons I have watched of Big Brother, (which are a lot, don’t judge), he is one of the most annoying contestants ever.

His final plea speech last night just proved everything that I thought about him. He called out Michelle for being a “horrible human being,” but then frequently repeated that it’s just a game. Huh? First, I don’t think that Michelle is the best player that has ever walked through that door, but she doesn’t deserve to be attacked like that. I haven’t seen any evidence to back up Ronnie’s cruel claim. If I were Ronnie I would be ashamed at how he handled himself last night.
A lot of what he said last night made no sense. He was upset with Michelle because she was out for herself and had no loyalties to anyone. Um, hello! That is what it all boils down to in the end. Nobody in that house has any loyalties to anyone. When it comes down to it, they are all in it for themselves. If Ronnie thought that Jessie and Natalie were actually going to stick by him until the end then I think he was fooling himself.

He’s finally out the door and we don’t have to worry about him being on the jury either. So I am extremely happy with the eviction results. Goodbye Ronnie!

I’m thrilled that America gave Jeff the power of coup d’etat, although I laughed when he couldn’t pronounce the word correctly. Jeff and Jordan are my favorites this season, so I’m hoping that their showmance goes on and they stick together as long as possible.

Chima was crowned the new Head of Household. The only person that could have been worse would have been Natalie. Since Chima and Russell, the former HoH, had a massive blowout a few nights back, I’m thinking he’s going up. But you never know, he just might be able to save himself.

Who do you think Chima will nominate? Are you happy that Ronnie is out of the game. Sound off in the comments.

Commentary with a Co-Ed is a weekly column at Tube Talk new every Friday.

2 comments:

Technology Slice said...

Aren't people sick of the whole big brother scene?

Eve White said...

I agree, I am so happy Jeff has the power. And I am relieved to see Ronnie go.

Copyright 2007 Tube Talk