Web This Site

Monday, July 13, 2009

Neil Patrick Harris to host Emmys

by Jennifer Squires Biller


Call it the hosting trifecta.

First, Neil Patrick Harris made me laugh out loud hosting the TV Land Awards with his brilliant musical number and jokes. Then, he moved on to make with the funny as host of the Tony Awards, garnering acclaim and the highest ratings for the show in three years.

Now, he’s scored the job of host of this year’s Emmys. Congrats, Neil!

I’m sure that the network was impressed with his Tony performance, but I have to say that I’m partial to his job at the TV Land Awards. He killed in the musical number and his ongoing computer gag was hilarious.

I’m sure the Emmy folks already have this in mind, but I’m begging here, please let him do a musical number. Harris can actually sing, and it would be a treat for all TV fans to see him poke fun at our favorite shows.

Nominations for the Emmys will be announced Thursday, and it’s likely (if I have my way) that Harris will be up for an award for supporting actor in a comedy for his role as Barney on the CBS sitcom How I Met Your Mother.

The 61st Primetime Emmys airs live at 8 pm/ET on Sept. 20. Tune in, please. I think it will be, as Barney says, “legendary.”

0 comments:

Copyright 2007 Tube Talk